No doubt about it, your teeth are tough, but sometimes, life can be tougher. If you have a tendency to grind you teeth while you sleep, you could be doing serious damage to your teeth and not even be aware of it. If you are experiencing headaches, pain in your jaw or damage to your smile, then you should talk to our dentists, Dr. Michael Longlet and Dr. Chelsea Longlet, about a having a custom night guard made. To find out how you could benefit from a night guard in Bend, Oregon, call 541-388-0078 today to plan your visit to Mill Point Dental.
A night guard is a special type of mouth guard that is used to treat bruxism, or teeth grinding and clenching. If our dentist or team suspect that you suffer from bruxism, we may recommend a night guard to protect your teeth from damage and prevent teeth grinding while you sleep.
Many people who suffer from bruxism are unaware of the condition because it occurs while they sleep. Common signs of nighttime teeth clenching and grinding include:
- Chronic jaw pain, facial pain and ear pain
- Awakening with a tired or tight feeling in the jaw
- Frequent tension headaches and migraines
- Excessive tooth wear, leading to chipped, flattened, cracked or very worn teeth
- Extremely worn tooth enamel, exposing the inner layers of the tooth
- Indentations on the side of the tongue
- Increased tooth sensitivity
If you notice the signs of bruxism, you may benefit from a custom night guard. This night guard will be made to fit your smile comfortably and effectively, allowing you to sleep peacefully while protecting your teeth. We invite you to contact us today to learn more about night guards and how we can prevent the negative effects of teeth grinding. We are dedicated to providing the best possible care for your smile.