Here in Central Oregon, we’re busy. We work hard, and we play hard. And when life gets in the way of our modus operandi, we search for alternatives.
At Mill Point Dental, we appreciate the fact that spending a ton of time at the dentist’s office isn’t a top priority. We also know that our patients value businesses that protect their time by employing technology that gets the job done with efficiency and precision.
Getting a dental crown is no exception.
Historically considered an arduous process, getting a conventional crown typically requires a minimum of two appointments. During the first appointment, the dentist makes room for the crown by filing the tooth down or building it up. Putty impressions (you know, the ones that cause anxiety and gagging) are then made and sent to a dental lab where they create a custom crown. As a placeholder for the permanent crown, a temporary one is placed. Temporary crowns have a risk of coming off at the worst times. It can often take several weeks to get the crown back from the lab. Once it arrives, a second visit is required to place the permanent crown. While a necessary treatment, many people delay getting a crown due to the time investment.
This is a non-issue for Mill Point Dental patients because we offer CEREC same-day dental crowns.
CEREC stands for Chairside Economical Restoration of Esthetic Ceramics. It is the latest advancement in restoring broken or damaged teeth. Traditional crowns are made of porcelain or composite materials. With Cerec, we can create a custom crown using a solid block of milled ceramic without ever leaving our office. Also, our crowns are entirely metal-free, which makes them more esthetic and biocompatible.
Need More Reasons to Choose Cerec Dental Crowns?
Six Reasons to Choose CEREC Crowns
- Time saver. With Cerec crowns, everything is done in one visit. Let’s face it; the idea of having multiple visits to the dentist and multiple injections to anesthetize the mouth is unpleasant. With CEREC, we create crowns in one day, which means one anesthetic injection, one dentist visit, and no temporary crowns.
- Immediately restore the function of your teeth. Temporary crowns can fall out, which means you must follow a specific diet. This means you can get back to doing the things you love and eating the foods you love. Temporary crowns necessitate following a specific diet to prevent the tooth from falling out. This is not the case with CEREC same-day crowns.
- No messy impressions. Putty impressions are considered by many to be an unpleasant experience. At Mill Point Dental, we take digital impressions of the upper and lower jaw using the CEREC Primescan. This process takes only about a minute and results in a 3D model that is precise and eliminates the possibility of errors, which traditionally would require repeat impressions.
- Money saver. Multiple appointments mean higher costs. Same-day crowns cut the necessary appointments in half and eliminate the need for temporary crowns. This equates to more significant cost savings for you (or your insurance company).
- Long-lasting – CEREC crowns can be made of many different types of ceramic to meet both aesthetic and functional needs. For example, zirconia dioxide is a tooth-colored material used when the strength of the crown is of utmost importance. This is usually the case on a molar.
- Natural-looking – Our CEREC crowns are available in many different shades to match the natural color of our patients’ teeth. We can even further customize crowns by staining and glazing to match the different nuances of your teeth.
If you need a dental crown and want to learn more about CEREC same-day crowns at Mill Point Dental in Bend, Oregon, contact our office. We’d love to talk with you about your options.